Looking to gain legal experience during his final year of law school at Nova Southeastern University, Geoffrey Sherman started working for Oppenheim Law as a law clerk.
He quickly became a valued employee of Oppenheim Law while assisting in discovery research for a multi-district national class action lawsuit against DuPont. Teflon Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 1733, 4:06-md-01733-REL-CFB, United States District Court, Southern District of Iowa, Central Division.
Upon graduating law school, Geoff Sherman became an associate attorney for Oppenheim Law in 2008. As an associate of the firm, Mr. Sherman significantly contributed to the development of Oppenheim Law’s mortgage foreclosure defense practice.
As a Partner, Mr. Sherman primarily focuses on defending residential foreclosures, assisting homeowners with alternatives to foreclosures, such as loan modifications and short sales. Mr. Sherman additionally practices in the areas of Residential and Commercial Real Estate Transactions and Litigation; Commercial Transactions and Litigation; and Consumer Class Actions.
Mr. Sherman earned his Bachelor of Arts in Criminology, cum laude, from the University of Florida, where he held leadership positions in Accent Speaker’s Bureau, Alpha Epsilon Pi Fraternity and was also a member of Florida Blue Key, Florida’s most prestigious leadership honorary society.
8.6Geoffrey Elan Sherman
- Florida Bar, 2008
- Florida, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 2012
- Florida, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, 2018
- United States Tax Court, 2014
- University of Florida, B.A., 2005, cum laude
- Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center, J.D., 2008
- American Association for Justice, Student Member
- American Bar Association, Student Member
- PULSE – Health Law Students Society, Treasurer
- Participant in Florida Attorneys Savings Home, 2008 to Present
- Florida Democratic Lawyers Council, 2008 to Present