The Firm regularly represents, on a contingent fee basis, victims of personal injuries whereby such individuals have been harmed or have died due to the fault of others.
In the past few years, the Firm has handled various personal injury matters including the following:
- Failure to notify parents in a timely manner that their fetus had a genetic defect
- Wrongful death of a 17 year old for failure to administer proper medicine in a hospital
- Wrongful death of a three year old due to the misdiagnosis of Meningitis
- Wrongful death and personal injury sustained due to negligent supervision at nursing homes
- Wrongful death due to gun having been improperly secured
- Wrongful death due to the failure to distinguish a heart attack from heart burn
- Car accidents
- Boat Accidents
- Slip and falls, including at major supermarkets
- Negligent supervision by school causing serious injury to student
- A builder abandoning a real estate project with clients’ deposits
- Failure of a family physician to properly diagnose pneumonia that leads to unnecessary paralysis
- Death of college student due to a fatal fall caused by illegal construction in a bar
- Failure to timely diagnose cancer
- Food Poisoning
- Dog Bites
- Elder Abuse
The 5 Most Common Types of Personal Injury Claims
1. Vehicle Accidents
Accidents involving trucks, motorcycles & cars are the number personal injury cases in the United States today. Millions of people are injured in vehicle accidents every year. All types of accidents can result in severe injuries.
Common causes of vehicle accidents include:
- Distracted drivers
- Excessive speed
- Driver fatigue
- Alcohol and drugs
- Road conditions
- Reckless driving
- Disobeying traffic signals and laws
- Design defects
- Road rage
2. Medical Malpractice
Medical malpractice happens when a health care provider fails to administer patient care that meets or exceeds an acceptable standard of care, & the patient is injured as a result. The standard of care is measured or defined by the care that a reasonable professional of similar experience would use in a similar situation.
3. Slip and Fall Cases
Slip and fall cases are a common type of personal injury claim. Slips and falls can happen anywhere, from personal residences and retails stores to parking lots and playgrounds. Property owners have a legal obligation to provide a safe environment for visitors and customers who use their property.
4. Boating Accidents
According to recent surveys by Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission,
Florida had 628 boating accidents in 2018, 766 boating accidents in 2017, 52 more accidents than in 2016. However, there was no change in the number of fatalities. A total of 67 people lost their lives last year in boating accidents. Falls overboard have been the leading type of fatal accident since 2003, with drowning as the leading cause of death. Learn More: Florida Is #1 State For Boat Accidents
5. Wrongful Death
Wrongful death is a type of personal injury claim that arises out of other personal injury claims. Such claims may arise out of car accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice, boating accidents and motorcycle accidents. A wrongful death claim can come from any type of personal injury claim
Prior to accepting a personal injury matter, the Firm thoroughly conducts an investigation of the facts to determine the likelihood of success. Once the firm has concluded that the case has substantial merit, the firm has had an excellent record in obtaining the anticipated results based on the initial evaluation of the case. At times, the firm will bring in appropriate co-counsel with specific expertise in order to maximize the likelihood of success. Such a strategy has been extremely effective for Oppenheim Law to date.
If you have been injured, please do not hesitate to contact us online or by phone at 954-384-6114 so that we can evaluate whether a valid claim may in fact exist, and seek the recovery that you deserve.
Oppenheim Law | Personal Injury Attorneys
2500 Weston Rd #209
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33331
954-384-6114 personal injury attorneys fort lauderdale, personal injury attorneys miami,
Personal Injury Attorneys – Injured in a car, motorcycle, or truck accident? Slip and fall? Our personal injury attorneys at Oppenheim Law have over 25 years’ experience in personal injury law. Accidents happen, we can help. Contact the personal injury lawyers at our Fort Lauderdale personal injury law office for a consultation. Tel 954-384-6114.