The firm regularly represents on a contingent fee basis victims of personal injuries whereby such individuals have been harmed or have died due to the fault of others.
In the past few years the firm has handled various personal injury matters including the following:
- Failure to notify parents in a timely manner that their fetus had a genetic defect.
- Wrongful death of a 17 year old for failure to administer proper medicine in a hospital.
- Wrongful death of a three year old due to the misdiagnosis of Meningitis.
- Wrongful death and personal injury sustained due to negligent supervision at nursing homes.
- Wrongful death due to gun having been improperly secured.
- Wrongful death due to the failure to distinguish a heart attack from heart burn.
- Car accidents.
- Slip and falls, including at major supermarkets.
- Negligent supervision by school causing serious injury to student.
- A builder abandoning a real estate project with clients’ deposits.
- Failure of a family physician to properly diagnose pneumonia that leads to unnecessary paralysis.
- Death of college student due to a fatal fall caused by illegal construction in a bar.
- Failure to timely diagnose cancer
- Food Poisoning
- Dog Bites.
Prior to accepting a personal injury matter, the firm thoroughly conducts an investigation of the facts to determine the likelihood of success. Once the firm has concluded that the case has substantial merit, the firm has had an excellent record in obtaining the anticipated results based on the initial evaluation of the case. At times, the firm will bring in appropriate co-counsel with specific expertise in order to maximize the likelihood of success. Such a strategy to date has been extremely effective for Oppenheim Pilelsky.
Please click here to contact us and we will be glad to respond to your inquiry.