Paola Vergara started her career working in Colombian Museums where she studied art conservation and restoration in the prestigious Universidad Externado de Colombia. She moved to the United States and earned her Bachelor of Arts in History from Nova Southeastern University, where she also obtained her Juris Doctorate.
While attending law school Paola worked as a teaching assistant and completed an internship with a boutique intellectual property law firm focusing on trademark and patent law.
Upon graduating law school Paola mainly focused her practice on trademark and commercial law assisting multinational and local companies in creating branding strategies by managing and enforcing their intellectual property assets. Her practice also included work on trademark litigation, copyright and unfair competition, drafting licensing agreements and resolving domain name disputes through the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy proceedings.
At Oppenheim Law, besides counseling clients in intellectual property and corporate matters, Paola is assisting clients in residential and commercial real estate matters including the sale and purchase of real property, foreclosure defense, loan modification and short sales.
Paola enjoys participating and volunteering in community sports and cultural organizations with her family.
- Florida Bar, 2017
- Universidad Externado de Colombia, Bogotá, Colombia, Art Restorer and Conservator, 2005
- Nova Southeastern University, B.A., 2013
- Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center, J.D., 2017
- IPLS – Intellectual Property Law Society, Student Member
- Registered Pro Bono Attorney for Dade Legal Aid’s Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts and Venture Law Project